Last minute tips for SBI PO prelim exam 2017 bankers adda and download gk power capsule for mains exam.State bank of India has currently released the admit card for all those candidates who have applied successfully for the examination and now all of them have been looking for the examination can now visit the official website and they can check the details. Candidates will have to appear for the examination and they need to qualify it to enter the next phase which is mains exam.
The marks obtained by them in prelim will not be considered for final merit list and the marks scored by them in mains exam will be taken into consideration for the final merit list. However, this is to be noted that candidates will have to pass the prelim exam under their category cutoff and sectional cutoff to enter the mains phase. The first exam will be conducted on April 2017 and here are some tips for the candidates to appear for the examination. candidates have to pass the exam with good marks else they will not be allowed to enter the next phase. Some of the tips which are to be followed are given here.
Last minute wind up for SBI PO prelim examination 2017
Candidates who are going to appear for the exam for the first time have to understand the pattern of the exam and all other candidates should know some important details. The pattern of the exam has been given below
- General Math Aptitude for 35 marks
- General Reasoning test for 35 marks
- General English test for 30 marks
All those who will pass the prelim will be called next for the mains exam. Candidates will be allowed the entry inside the exam center at least 1 hour before the commencement of the examination. They will get the instructions on their screen before 15 minutes and those who are appearing for the exam for first time should read the instructions and understand it. After that they can start the test. The test will comprise 3 tests as above and candidates will be allowed time of 1 hour for all the sections. They have to manage their time in the examination which is very important. As passing in each of the section is necessary so candidates cannot leave any of the sections and they have to pass in each of the section. Candidates can choose any section and any question at any time. They should know that there is negative marking in the exam and for each wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted as penality.
Some tips to be followed in the exam
As passing in each section is required, candidates should manage the time for each of the section. They can follow the tips for management of time which is given as under.
- English section- give 15 minutes of time for this
- Reasoning section- give 20 minutes of time for this
- Aptitude section- give 25 minutes of time for this section
Candidates should perform well in the overall exam also and so they have to focus on two things, speed and accuracy in the examination.
Speed and Accuracy:
This is one of the very important part of the exam and candidates have to solve only those questions first in which they are sure. They should avoid guesses in the examination. They should start the exam with that section in which they are most comfortable. Some of the tips for the exam are as under
- Reach the exam center before the time so that it can save you from unwanted haste during the examination.
- Candidates have to start the exam with that section in which they are comfortable
- Focus on speed and accuracy as more number of questions are to be done accurately
- Time management is the key and before you appear for the exam, plan the time for each section
- Maintain composure during the examination
- Take sufficient sleep before one day of the examination
- Read all the questions carefully in the exam before you jump to answer
Good luck to all the appearing aspirants.