Static GK- standard measurement of various sports.There are many popular sports which are played in the world and people are very much inspired and excited for these sports. There are some very popular which are played in almost all the countries like Cricket, Football, table tennis, Lawn tennis, Chess etc. But there are other popular sports which are played indigenously in a country like Bull fighting in Spain, Baseball in the USA and like. Here the demotions of some of the popular sports have been given below. Sports are generally outdoors and they are played in the field, ring, rink, Board, Lawn, Pitch etc and they have a particular dimension of their own. Questions from dimensions in sports are asked in UPSC and SSC examination and candidates should take it important and learn these. They are hardly 10-12 and it should be known to the aspirants.
Standard measurements in sports- GK
- Pitch: 20.12 meters.
- Bat: 96.5 cm length and 10.8 cm width.
- Ball: 155.9 to 163 grams.
Field: 100 x 64 m to 110 x 75 m.
- Court: 18 m x 9 m.
- Net: 9.5 m x 1 m x 2.43
- Field: 100 x 55 yards to 100 x 60 yards.
- Ball: 5.50 ounces to 5.75 ounces
- Court: 13.40 m x 5.18 m.
- Net: 1.524 m high.
- Shuttle: 4.73 to 5.50 gms
- Table: 275 cm x 152.5 cm, 76 cm above the ground (floor).
- Ball: 37.2 to 38.2 millimeter (diameter); 9.40 to 9.53 gms.
- Court: 23.77 x 8.23 meters.
- Ball: 56.7 gms to 58.5 gms. (weight); 6.35 cm
- Field: 34 x 10 m to 34 x 16 meters.
- Field: 13 x 10 meters.
- Route Length: 42,195 m- 26 miles, 385 yards.
Derby Course Route
- length: 2400 meters (or) 11/2 miles.
Candidates need to learn these details well and they may be able to answer some of the questions related to s[ports and their measurements