SSC CGL new pattern of exam and syllabus 2016.Staff selection commission has currently issued a notification regarding its new pattern of exam and syllabus. Earlier it has asked candidates their opinion about the pattern of exam which should be followed in the examination. Most number of candidates had voted for the online examination. in response of the same, SSC has now made the exam online from 2016 and now the SSC CGL will be online which will be conducted in the month of August. Also it has made some changes in the pattern of the examination which candidates should know. all those candidates who are preparing well for the pattern of exam and syllabus should understand it. Some of the useful details have been discussed below. Candidates must understand it. All those who will pass tier I exam will be called for tier II examination and instead of the interview the tier III has been introduced which are related to the essay and précis writing. Candidate’s performance in prelim mains and tier III will be used to call them for the final phase of the selection process.Also check SSC CGL Tier I New date 2016 for exam postponed (New date is Aug 2016) .
SSC CGL new pattern of exam for tier I 2016
SSC has changed its pattern of exam for Tier I while Tier II will remain the same which was published in the notification in the month of January 2016. Candidates should know that now the exam will be conducted on computer and this will not make any difference to the type of question or the complexity of the questions. Pattern of prelim exam and changes made to it are as under
- Now the exam will be for 100 questions and each question will contain 2 marks. So total marks for prelim will be 200 while number of questions will be 100 only.
- There will be negative marking of 0.5 marks in prelim examination
- Mains exam will be the same as it was published in notification with the negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer
- Tier III of exam has been introduced by SSC. Tier III will contain descriptive test where candidates will be required to write essay and précis as give to them
- Performance of candidates in tier I, tier II and tier III will be used to draw the final cutoff marks for selection process
Good luck to all the aspirants