Software Development Models for IBPS IT officer online test.In operating system, this concept is discussed. However this software development models are even included as a different subject under software engineering. It has wide application in operating system and software engineering both and candidates who have been preparing for the IBPS IT officer exam should learn the steps and basics of software engineering and software development models. Software engineering is a branch of science which deals which how a software is to be made to meet the specific requirement of the organization. While creating software, men, resources, knowledge and time all are required.
Software engineering is the study of how fast the software can be designed in accurate way to meet all the standards and specification while keeping the wastage and resources at the minimal level. This concept has wide application in all the industries which are dealing with software production. They follow some of the software models which are meant to design the software efficiently. The most popular software development model is waterfall model and most of the industry uses it.
Software development models:
There are numerous models which are developed over the time and these are meant to fulfill the needs of an organization. These are
- Waterfall Model
- Iterative Model
- Spiral Model
- Big Bang Model
- Agile Model
- RAD Model
- Software Prototype
This is not the end of the list. There are numerous others. We are disusing these as they have been very popular and questions will be asked only from these models in the examination.
- Waterfall model: It is the most popular model for software development. It has 5-6 phases of development and some task and operation is performed in each phase till the software creation completes.
Phases in waterfall model
- Requirement Gathering and Analysis: in this step we collect all the information about the software. Generally it is done by the asking questions from a client or giving him a booklet where he can tick mark what specialty he wants in the software and process begins at this phase. We estimate the list of all input, hardware. Software which will be required to implement the system.
- System designing this phase: we find the mist appropriate model to design the system. Seniors are consulted and past experience are consulted for the same purpose and most feasible software system is taken into account.
- Implementation: this is the phase of software designing where the actual coding takes place. Software engineers, coders code the individual’s modules and they complete their task according t the given specification for them.
- Integration and Testing: in this phase the individual’s modules are integrated to form the software. As software is big product and contains 100 and 1000 of modules. Engineers in large number make them and after that we integrate all the modules to made the software and testing part starts to test if the software is working properly or not.
- Deployment of System: in this phase the software is actually developed and an installation file is prepared which can be used to install it at any system in the market and it can start its working..
- Maintenance: this is also an important phase. System should be repaired like this so that it can be maintained in the near future. The specification and requirement of clients keep changing and they may need functionality at some other time. These are done with the help of maintenance.
Iterative model of software development:
This is same as the waterfall model and all the phases of stem development are same as waterfall model. But each phase is tested against the risk management. It gives stress on risk analysis at each phase.
It has generally 4 phases which are kept rotating
- Identification (of inputs)
- Design (of modules)
- Construct (coding)
- Evaluation of risk management (each phase)
This is called Rapid application development models. Engineers do not need to plan anything in this model. These just analyze the needs of the customer and with the help of RAD tool, they develop the system/ software in very small time and very efficiently.
According to the requirement, some prototypes have been made which can be used to easily develop the model/ system in no time. We check the specification of the system and match the specification with these prototypes and choose the prototype which best matches the specification and built our software according to that.
Other models are not discussed in any exam. This is sufficient for the aspirants.