sbi po interview preparation and previous questions bankers adda how to prepare.State bank of India had currently issued notification for the recruitment of candidates to the post of Probationary officers and candidates had applied in large numbers. Now it has conducted written exam for the selection of candidates to the post of SBI PO and the next phase is interview. During the interview the documents will be verified and also the group discussing will be conducted by the bank. Candidates will be called for the interview cum GD process by issuing their admit card. Only shortlisted candidates who will qualify SBI PO mains exam under their category cutoff will be called for interview process and they have to appear for interview. Here are some tips to follow during interviews. Candidates should know that interview is very important process and will carry 25% of the weigh ate in selection process. State bank of India will now hold interview very soon and candidates should prepare some of the basic questions as well as questions from banking sector which are also asked in the examination. Candidates should prepare all the sections well. Here are some details about the interview process
Also Read Most Common Mistakes In Job Interviews
SBI PO interview tips to prepare
Candidates who are going to appear in interview process will be issued admit card for this. They should get ready with all the documents with them along with the additional certificates, computer knowledge certificate/ banking certificate of they have passed any with them and they will be verified for their qualification first. After the successful verification candidates will be allowed to appear fro group discussion. The authorities there make some group of candidates where each candidate will get a specific amount of time to speak on a given topics and other candidates have to listen. The authorities will check that and understand that and give their marks based on their observation.
After the group discussion one out of every three candidates will be called for interview process. Out of 30 marks, generally 10 marks is given for group discussion and 20 marks for Interview process. This 30 marks is scaled down to 25 out of 100 and the final cutoff is prepared. Candidates should therefore understand what type of questions are generally asked during the interview process which will help them to prepare.
Some of the type of questions which are generally and commonly asked in interview are given below
- Related to banking knowledge
As the selection process is for the post of probationary officers in bank, baning knowledge is must and it is checked during the exam. Note that questions from basic and easy concepts on banking will be asked and diffulxct and deep inside questions are not asked however in some panel they can test you against some difficult questions also. Prepare the questions from below topics
- RBI Current Policy & Reserve Rates
- Types of Bank, Nationalized banks
- About RBI
- Types of Accounts in Bank
- Cheque, Demand Drafts
- Repo Rate, Reverse Repo Rate, CRR, SLR, MSF
- Base Rate, Inflation, Deflation, Base Rate, Core Banking Solutions
- Financial Market, CD, Commercial papers
- Balance of Payments
Current affairs and computer knowledge
Current affairs questions are always asked and it is recommended that candidates should read the current day news paper on the day of appearing of the examination. they should also watch news channel regularly for the preparation and very soon they will get familiar with all the news and updates. Questions can also be put up from computer awareness as all the work is now computerized and candidates should have a basic knowledge of computers.
Tips for SBI PO before appearing for interview
- Candidates should know that they should prepare themselves for what the examiner is looking in them. They should dress properly. Boys should not wear kurta pajama/ any fancy dress/ festival dresses etc. they should wear a simple short and pant. Also they should avoid jeans in interviews. Their hair should be properly combed
For the girls, they should wear any professional days which should look decent and should not look odd.
- Prepare questions from state bank of India. In the SBI examination and interviews, questions are asked from the state bank and candidates should have basic knowledge about the bank, its establishments, gross capital base, uniqueness and features and differences of the bank from all other public sector banks etc
- During the interview maintain positive attitude
- First listen to the question well and after this try to answer the questions
- A good communication skill is always a plus point and candidates should first listen and speak clearly during the interview.
- Choose the answer for why you want to join the bank/ government job?
- Before the interview, candidates should sleep well and avoid any type of anxiety
- To avoid anxiety during the interview process, candidates should reach the mentioned interview center on time and they should bring all the documents with 2 photocopies as asked in the interview call letter
- Candidates should prepare questions as mentioned above and they have to prepare well for the interview process
Candidates who will qualify the interview process will be called for the final selection process. Candidates should know that the marks obtained by them during the interview and written test will be used to prepare the final cutoff marks for the selection process. Candidates should prepare well for the interview and group discussion as it is very important and plays an important role in the selection process.
SBI po previous interview questions
What is the reason for the sudden dip in the stock market?
Recently RBI has given D-SIB status to SBI & ICICI. Why?
what is market capitalisation & some companies with top market capitalisation?
Why you left IT job?
Do you want to join Bank for job security?
Have you applied for other exams?
SBI can post you in rural area.Are you willing to relocate there?