Details Of How to prepare for SBI PO English 2017 prelims and mains exam. sbi po English preparation material 2016.How to approach English section in SBI PO Prelim /mains exam 2017 April exam.State bank of India had earlier invited candidates to apply for the post of PO in the examination and now a lot of candidates have applied for this. Now all of them are waiting for the examination which will be conducted very soon now.
SBI will soon release the sbi po admit card for the examination and all those candidates who will qualify the examination will be called for the mains examination. It is very important for the candidates to qualify the mains examination. all those candidates who will pass the exam will be called next for the phase and this is very important for candidates to know the exam pattern. The English section in very important and a lot of candidates are afraid of the English section. Here are some details which candidates will be required to know and they can apply for the post through the online mode. Candidates will be required to understand the details of English section well and after this they will be able to prepare well for the examination. They have to focus on the Grammar and Vocabulary portion from where the most of the questions are designed. Here are some of the details.
How to prepare for SBI PO Prelim English section
Candidates who are willing to appear for the exam will have to understand the details which are as under. They have to understand the details of pattern and syllabus of the examination which is very important and this is given as under.
- Common Errors
- Sentence Correction/Improvement
- Cloze Test
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Double Fillers
- Reading Comprehension
Type of questions which are asked in the examination, which are as under, candidates can expect the same type of questions in the examination.
- Reading Comprehension –10 Questions
- Cloze Test – 5 Questions
- Para-jumbles – 5 Questions
- Spotting Error – 5 Questions
- Fill in the blanks / Sentence Correction – 5 Questions
Candidates will have to appear for the examination with good marks and they have to score well for the examination. they have to follow some of the tips which are given below. At the same time candidates should understand some of the tips and details which are very important for them.
1) Always start answering with small questions like spotting errors, fillers, sentence rearrangement etc. and keep the comprehension for last as its time consuming.
2) No one can answer all the questions in English with hundred percent accuracy so attempt only those questions which you are sure about instead of making wild guesses.
3) Most of us are weak in vocabulary so don’t worry much about it, because there will be hardly 2-4 questions of that kind. You can even skip those questions.
4) While attempting fillers with two blank, there will be one blank which will be easy to identify and you can relate the second one accordingly.
5) Sometimes we face problem with sentence rearrangement also, so it’s better to identify the first and last sentence first and then arrange the remaining if you can.
6) For comprehension, go through the passage and questions simultaneously. This will help you in answering the question quickly without wasting time.
Candidates who will pass the examination will be called for the next phase of the mains examination. Candidates who will qualify the examination will be called next for the interview process. Candidates will have to work hard. Some more tips for the exam are as under:
- Focus on Vocabulary and Grammar. For this candidates can read the daily English news paper for this to improve their English
- Candidates who do not have good speed of reading can leave the English section can leave the comprehension section aside for later and they can solve the small questions like fillers and cloze test etc.
- Candidates should try to understand each question while reading. They have to read the details well and they can check the options.
- They can allocate 20 minutes of time for the examination. candidates will have to pass the exam with good marks.
Candidates will need to follow the above concepts while in examination.