Reference books for IBPS PO and Clerk exam 2016 study materials pdf download online free .IBPS conducts IBPS PO and clerk examination each year and among other exams conducted by IBPS these are the two most popular categories and large number of aspirants apply and appear in the examination. Here the reference books for IBPS PO and clerk preparation has been given and all those candidates who have been preparing hard for the exam should know what books they need to follow and what books have proved to be useful. In this respect, candidates should note that wrong books can mislead the candidates and they won’t be able to prepare well and utilize their potential to the fullest. Here the list of books have been given which have been proven to be useful for the exam and all those candidates who have been preparing well for the exam need to work hard and they can know what books they should refer for the exam.
IBPS PO and clerk- list of books to prepare
IBPS PO and clerk exams both will contain questions from 5 sections which are given as under
- English section
- Reasoning section
- Quantitative aptitude section (math)
- General awareness section
- Computer awareness section
Passing in each of the sections separately is required. This passing is important both in prelim and mains. There will be sectional cutoff in prelim as well as mains and so candidates should equally focus on all the sections as the beginning. It is possible that candidates may gain pace in some of the sections or they are good already at some of the sections and accordingly they should allocate time for each of the section during their preparation. Also a lot of practice is required to pass the examination and here are some of the details of books which candidates should buy. They can buy these books through the online or they can buy these books from any book seller of the same author.
Candidates should allocate time for each section during their preparation time and also during the exam. Passing in each section is required. Here the books which can be referred for preparation for IBPS PO and clerks have been given. The clerk exam has the same pattern with somewhat easier questions as compared to PO exam.
List of books in each of the sections have been given below
Candidates can purchase these books for the preparation of English language. These are good both gor grammar and vocabulary preparation
- Objective general English by S P Bakshi (Arihant Publications).
- Mirror of Common Error by Ashok Kumar Singh.
- For Building Strong Vocabulary, you can refer to Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis and Daily Wordlist which they come across.
This is one of the important sections in the exam and also it is very scoring. Candidates will have to read the books from the below authors which are given as under:
- Modern Approach to Verbal and Non –Verbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal.
- Analytical Reasoning (BSC publication) by M K Pandey.
- In addition for High level reasoning Questions, you can practice from Practice Sets by Arihant /Kiran Publications
Quantitative aptitude section:
QA is very important and it becomes somewhat tough in PO exam. Candidates need to have good understanding of the concept of math to solve practical questions. They also need to have good understanding of the DI to score good marks. They can follow these books
- Fast track by Rajesh Verma (Arihant publications)
- Quantitative aptitude by R S Aggarwal.
- You can couple it with Arihant /Kiran Publications’ Practice Sets.
General awareness is asked from the last 6 months. With this banking awareness is also asked. Candidates can purchase books as under
- Money, Banking and Finance by BSC Publication
- Handbook of Banking information by S. Toor
- Banking Awareness by Arihant Publications
Computer awareness books
Computer awareness is one of the important sections and easy questions are asked from this one. Candidates can buy Arihant/ Kiran Publications Book on Computer or read online computer concepts