RBI Grade B preparation phase 1 and phase 2.Reserve bank had earlier invited applications from eligible candidates to apply for the post of Grade B officers and a lot of candidate has applied for the same. Now all f them have been searching for the study material so that they can prepare for the upcoming examination. There will be 2 phases in the written examination which are phase 1 and phase 2. Phase will be the prelim examination and phase 2 will be the mains examination.
RBI Grade B preparation 2017 phase 1 and phase 2
Candidates will have to qualify the prelim examination in order to be called for the phase 2 mains examination. All those candidates who will pass prelim test with good marks qualifying in each section and overall examination will next be called for the mains examination. It is to be noted that both the prelim examination and mains exam will be conducted online on computer only and candidates should prepare for the online examination. This time RBI had changed the pattern of the examination and also the eligibility criteria for the candidates and a lot of candidates could not apply for various reasons. Also there are maximum of 6 attempts for those candidates who belong to general category.
RBI grade B officers preparation tips 2017
Candidates who are going to appear in the online examination should know that the exam will be conducted online on computer. At first there will be preliminary examination and all the questions in the prelim exam will be that of objective type. After this the mains examination will be conducted and there will be descriptive and objective type tests in the mains examination.
English will be fully descriptive in the mains test. Candidates should prepare for this section and they have to type with keyboard on computer. They should have clear understanding and they have to type error free English on computer. Candidates should check the pattern of the examination from below which comprise mains exam and prelim examination. Also it is important to note that marks obtained by candidates in prelim test will not be considered for the final merit list and this is only for the qualifying purpose. Candidates who will pass the examination with good marks will next be called for the personal interview process.
RBI Grade B preparation 2017
RBI exam pattern for prelim exam (Phase 1 )
- General Awareness,
- English Language,
- Quantitative Aptitude,
There will be 200 questions in the prelim test and time allowed for the test will be 2 hours. After the exhaustion of 2 hours the test will be automatically submitted. This is to be noted that all the questions will be of the objective type only and there will be negative marking of ¼ for each wrong answer. Candidates should be careful while marking the answers else they will lose unnecessary marks in the examination. They have to pass the prelim examination in each section as well as overall examination. Marks obtained by the candidates will be used to call them for the mains phase but the marks in prelim will not be considered for the recruitment purpose.
Phase 2 examination:
All those candidates who will pass paper I of phase 1 will next be called for the phase 2 examination. It will consist of both objective and descriptive papers. Candidates will have to appear for all the papers. Paper III will be optional and candidates can choose one of the re subjects available on this paper. After this they have to clear the sections with the cutoff in their category. After this they will be able to appear for the personal interview process which will be the next phase. Candidates should know that paper I II and III of the phase 2 examination are most important and marks obtained in each of the papers will add to the selection of the candidates. Only marks in paper II and interview will be considered for the selection in RBI. Candidates can check the pattern of paper 2 below.
- Paper I – Economic and social issues- 100 questions for 90 minutes
- Objective type Paper II – English writing skills 100 marks for 90 minutes
Paper II will be of Descriptive type, answers to be typed with help of keyboard
- Paper III (optional) – Finance and Management or Economics or Statistics – will be of 100 and time allowed will be 90 minutes. All the questions will be of the Objective type
Books to follow for the RBI grade B
Candidates who are going to appear for the written examination for phase I and phase 2 need to follow various books for clear understanding of the core subjects/ economics and managements which are the basis and common section in all the examination. Candidates can buy the books which are available online. You have to buy it from amazon or flipkart. You can compare the prices and after that you can choose where you should buy from.
List of the books for RBI
- Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh (TMH Publication) Buy on Flipkart Buy on Amazon
- General Knowledge by Lucent Buy on Flipkart Buy on Amazon
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Agarwal Buy on Flipkart Buy on Amazon
- RBI Grade-B Officer Exam Guide for Phase – 1 Buy on Flipkart Buy on Amazon
- RBI Grade-B Officers Online Exam Phase-1 Objective Type Practice Work Book Including Model Solved Papers Buy on Flipkart Buy on Amazon
- RBI Grade B Officers Exam Guide Buy on Flipkart Buy on Amazon
- RBI Grade – B Officers’ Phase – 1 Objective Type: Practice Work Book Buy on Flipkart Buy on Amazon
- RBI Grade B Officers Recruitment Exam Guide Buy on Flipkart Buy on Amazon
All those candidates who will pass their phase 2 examination with the cutoff marks as set by the RBI will next be called for the interview which will be very important. Interviews will contracture to 50 marks in the final selection process. Candidates should bring all the necessary qualifications/ documents at the time of interview purpose for verification. After the interview process, candidates will be called for the joijing process based on their performance in the written etst and personal interovew taken together on some scale.
Some tips to follow for the exam preparation:
- Read a current affair magazine and build up your knowledge on general knowledge and current affairs. Magazines like Competition Success Review are very helpful to get knowledgeable about what’s happening around the world, from the point of view of competitive examinations.
- Read one good newspaper every day. The Hindu is most recommended newspaper for competitive exam preparations. This newspaper will help you understand the political, economical aspects of several news.
- Pay attention to matters related to banking industry, economy, budget, stock exchange, SEBI and so on. For Quantitative aptitude, practice solving QA questions by using better approaches for longer problems.
- Attempts questions on trigonometry, geometry, algebra during your preparations so that you can improve your speed and accuracy
- Try to maintain accuracy on questions. If you are not sure of any question do not mark the answers. You can just leave it as it is.
- Maintain good speed and do all easy questions at first as the marks will e the same for all the questions.