RBI cuts interest rates 2015.Reserve bank of India is the central bank of India and regulator of banking market in India. From time to time RBI adjusts the policy rates as per the conditions of economy in India and also to provide banks certain guidelines to be followed in the interest of general public and to safeguard their interest.
A lot of candidates have been searching for the RBI details which have been given below. Currently RBI governor Raghuram Rajan has surprised the people and banking market by cutting some of the rates by 50 basis points. It was only expected 25 basis points cut but this time it has been doubled.
Here are the latest policy rates which the candidates need to know and this is going to help them in the preparation of their banking examination. Candidates who have been preparing for the examination need to know and understand the things which have been given here. they have to learn the details and they have to know the latest information regarding RBI and the banking system from time to time to keep preparing for the examination. Here are some updates.
RBI new rates for bank and economy
Here are the policy rates which have been revised and candidates who have been preparing for the exam should learn these values for their upcoming examination.
- Cuts interest rate by 0.5 per cent to boost economy
- Repo rate adjusted to 6.75 pc, lowest in 4-years
- Expects banks to pass on entire benefit to borrowers
- CRR remains unchanged at 4 pc
- GDP forecast for 2015-16 lowered to 7.4 pc
- Tentative economic recovery underway, far from robust Global environment looking weak; not good for India Growth likely to pick up in later part of this fiscal
- CPI inflation expected to reach 5.8 pc in January 2016
- Inflation is likely to go up from Sept
- FPI investment limit in debt securities to be fixed in rupee term
- FPI investment limit in govt bonds to be hiked to 5 pc by 2018
- RBI to issue final guidelines on base rate computation by November-end
- Fifth Bi-monthly Monetary Policy on December 1.
Candidates who have been preparing for the banking exam should read the above rates and prepare according to it only.