Home / Latest Updates / India post payment bank PO syllabus 2016 and exam pattern

India post payment bank PO syllabus 2016 and exam pattern

India post payment bank PO exam pattern and syllabus and exam date ,download admit card details.India post payment bank has been currently set up by the India post under the ministry of IT and communications and a lot of candidates are going to appear in the exam now. Candidates who are going to appear in the exam have registered themselves for the test and now they are searching for the exam pattern and syllabus which is very important. They should start their preparation by understanding the pattern of exam and syllabus for the test which have been discussed here. Candidates who will qualify the written prelim exam will be called next for the mains examination which will be followed by interview as the last phase. Candidates should know that the exam will be conducted by IBPS and the pattern will be strictly same as that of IBPS PO. Also the competition in the exam will be much higher than that of PO due to very less number of overall vacancy and so candidates who are confident should apply for the test.

IPPB PO exam pattern for prelim and mains

First the prelim exam will be conducted which will be followed by the mains exam. Prelim test will be conducted online and there will be 3 sections in the exam given as under

SL no. Name of Test No. of Questions Maximum Marks Duration

(Composite Time)

1. English Language 30 30
2. Reasoning Ability 35 35
3. Quantitative Aptitude 35 35
TOTAL 100 100 1 Hour

There will be negative marking in the exam. The negative marking will be 0.25 for 1 mark. The cutoff for prelim will be used to call candidates for the mains. Marks obtained by candidates in prelim exam will not be used to prepare the final cutoff list and this is only pf the qualifying nature.

Mains exam pattern

SL no Name of Test No. of Questions Max. Marks Medium of Exam
1 Reasoning 50 50 English & Hindi
2 English Language 40 40 English
3 Computer Knowledge 20 20 English & Hindi
4 General Awareness (with special reference to banking) 40 40
5 Quantitative Aptitude 50 50 English & Hindi
TOTAL 200 200 English & Hindi

Candidates should know that there will be 1 mark for each correct answer and 0.25 marks will be deducted as penalty for wrong answers. Marks used by candidates in mains exam will be used to prepare the final cutoff and this will contributed 80% to the selection process the rest 20% will be taken from interview which will be the last phase.

The ratio of written mains exam to interview in selection is 80:20

Also candidates should know that cutoff will be applied on two levels

  1. Sectional cutoff
  2. Overall cutoff

Both sectional cutoff and overall cutoff will be different for different categories and it is important for candidates to qualify in each of the section separately with overall good marks in the exam

SBI Specialist officers recruitment 2016-17

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*