ibps clerk exam patternIBPS Clerk new pattern of exam- are you aware? IBPS clerk 2016 is soon going to conduct the written examination for the recruitment of candidates for the post of clerks in various public sector banks. As many as 19 banks participated in the ibps clerk recruitment process and candidates have marked their choices of the banks while filling up of the application forms. Candidates who are going to appear in the written exam should understand the new pattern of the examination which is expected to be enforced from this time only.
Candidates can now expect t the moderate to easy pattern in the sections in the exam from earlier easy ones in the prelim. Prelim is the fist and the important phase of the selection process which will decide the fate of candidates in mains examination. Though the marks will not be added to calculate final merit list, it is important because without passing in the prelim exam (sectional and overall) candidates won’t be able to get through the mains examination. The mains exam pattern has already been changed and time based linking of the sections have been done. A particular section will get a particular amount of time in mains.
Though this thing has not been implemented in the prelim exam. Candidates are free to choose any section at any time and they can allocate time limit according to their convenience in the examination.
New pattern of IBPS clerk prelim VI
Candidates who are going to appear in the written test should know that the pattern of exam may be slightly changed and it may include those questions which may have more complexity as compared to the earlier questions which were generally easier in nature. Here the new pattern and expected type of questions in each of the section has been discussed and candidates can understand it. They have to prepare these type of questions well which will help them in their preparation for the examination. Without passing prelim examination, it is not possible to jump to the mains exam and candidates will have to focus on the prelim first. The pattern of exam is as under
First understand the pattern of examination. There will be 3 sections in the exam and time allowed will be 1 hour. Candidates can move to any question at any time and they can allocate any amount of time for a section. Overall time however is 1 hour and after the completion of one hour the test will be submitted automatically at the server end. There will be 3 sections
- English language test for 30 marks
- Math Aptitude test for 35 marks
- Reasoning intelligence test for 35 marks
Total marks will be 100 and there will be separate passing in each of the sections which is known as sectional cutoff. Candidates should also be aware of the negative marking in the examination. They should not solve any question about which they are not sure. They can just leave the question of they are not sure of any question.
New pattern of examination
The expected pattern of examination are given for each of the sections below. Earlier the questions were easy in complexity but due to larger participation of candidates in the examination, now the complexity of the paper is going to rise a little that is it may become moderate to easy from earlier easy one questions.
English language and comprehension test
- Reading Comprehension – 10 Questions(Easy to Moderate) will be based on Story, Lengthy passage
- Cloze Test – 5 Questions – (Moderate) Based on Story
- Spelling & Grammatical error Or Fill in the blanks – 5 Questions (Easy)
- Spotting Error – 5 Questions (Moderate)
- Parajumbles – 5 Questions – (Moderate)will be based on story and tricky
Numerical aptitude test:
One of the most important section is mathematics section and candidates will be required to work more on this to perform better and score good marks and also to maintain good speed during the tests. Questions are expected from
- Number Series – 5 Questions (Moderate)It is expected 2 questions will be Easy & 3 will be of tough level can be asked in the exam.
- Simplification – 10 Questions (Moderate & Calculative)
- Data Interpretation (1 Sets) – 5 Questions (Easy to Moderate) (Table Graph) & Bar Graph
- Note: It is expected that 2 sets of DI can be asked in Prelims Exam. One DI will be of Easy level and one DI of Moderate level. So, be prepared for the same.
- Rest Miscellaneous Questions – 10 or 15 Questions (Moderate, Calculative & tricky)
- Miscellaneous questions include – Age, Mixture Allegation, Partnership, Profit Loss, Average, Boats & Stream, Compound/Simple Interest, Time & Work, etc.
- Coded Inequality – 5 Questions (Easy) Questions
Note: Coded inequality questions can be asked in upcoming Prelims Exam. Where you need to convert the code into the symbols and then solve the questions. These questions are of time consuming. You need to well prepare to solve such type of questions during exam.
Reasoning and intelligence section
Questions are expected from
- Sitting Arrangement (Circular + Linear) 1 Sets each – 10 Questions (Easy to Moderate) – Moderate level of seating arrangement questions can be asked.
- Puzzle – 5 or 10 Questions (Moderate) –It is expected 2 or 3 parameter of puzzle can be asked in Prelims Exam. For example – 7 friends lives in different Floor, from different cities and likes different colors.
- Note: Two sets of Puzzle can be asked in upcoming Clerk Prelims Exam.
- Number Symbol coding Decoding (Easy to Moderate) – 5 Qs
- Number series – 5 Questions (Easy)