Bankersadda All about Rail Budget 2016.The Railway minister Suresh Prabhu has presented his second Railway budget today. The rail budget is presented separately each year and this time it had a lot of promises to make. The budget seems normal and it does not include anything which had originally promised by the government. The rail fare are already very high for the common people and also there are various charges which have been included in the Rail fare and still you cannot get a reserved ticket in any of the train.
Check Bankers adda Rail Budget 2016-17 Highlights.The problems in the railways still persist in the same manner and no new facility in the railway has been increased. The facilities are only in promises and the fare has been doubled. It shows the double standard of the government in befolling the people each time. Here are some of the important details about the current Rail budget from which questions may be asked in banking and upcoming LIC AAO exam. Candidates should learn it well.
Railway budget 2016
Updates of Rail budget II 2016
- To generate revenues of order of Rs.1,84,820 cr next year which is a 10.1% higher than revised target of current year.
- The Capital plan of Rs 1.21 lakh crore.
- Aimed to generate 10-20% of revenues from non-tariff sources over next 5 years by monetizing assets.
- Operating ratio kept at 92% FY17 as against 90% in current year.
- Railways will get Rs 40,000 crore budgetary support from the government.
- Railways incurred a loss of Rs 30,000 crore by subsidizing passenger fares.
- Rs 8.5 lakh crore to be spent over 5 years for modernization of railway infrastructure
- To have 2,800 kms of new tracks in next year, almost 30% higher than last year target.
- Two dedicated freight corridors by 2019.
- Railway electrification have increased by 50% & 2,000 km route to be electrified next fiscal year.
- 400 stations to be re-developed through PPP.
- 2 locomotive factories at the cost of Rs 40,000 crore to be set up.
- Overnight double-Decker train Uday Express to be introduced on busiest routes which will increased carrying capacity with 40% more.
- Three direct services, fully air-conditioned Humsafer, to travel at 130km per hour will be starting this year.
- Lower berth quota for senior citizens to be increased by 50%
- 33% of sub-quota for women in each of the reserved categories will be introduced.
- Railways announces measures for women security: All India 24X7 helpline, CCTV surveillance, reserved middle bay in coaches.