Bandhan Bank What’s new in it.Bandhan bank is one of the private sector banks which have got the license currently from RBI to start its operations across the country. A lot of candidates have been preparing for bank examination and it is likely to be ask many questions form the Bandhan bank and here all the information has been arranged logically which will help candidates to prepare for the banking examination which is going to be conducted soon at several centers across the country. Candidates need to know the details of Bandhan Bank. Currently it has started its operation with 501 branches across the country. Different banks have applied to RBI for their banking licenses but only Bandhan Bank has fulfilled the norms of RBI and so based on the analysis it was granted the permission to carry out its banking business in the country. It came into existence on august 23, 2015 and it has got the status of the full fledged commercial bank. Bandhan bank has been granted to carry put banking operations. It is the first bank in 11 years to get the permission to carry banking operations as prepare bank in India.
Details about Bandhan bank and its operations
The head quarter of Bandhan bank is Kolkata West Bengal and the CEO of the bank is Chandra Shekhar Ghose. Here are some of the details about the banks which the candidates have to learn.
- The bank opened 501 branches where operations have commenced.
- It started operations with 1.43 crore accounts and Rs. 10,500 crore loan book across the country.
- It opened 2022 service centres and 50 ATMs across 24 states.
- It has hired 19,500 employees as of now.
- It has opened branches in few states – 220 in West Bengal, 67 in Bihar, 60 in Assam, 21 in Maharashtra, 20 in Tripura and Uttar Pradesh and 15 in Jharkhand.
- It is said that 71% of its branches will be in rural areas, which will include 35% branches in unbanked rural regions.
- It garnered the deposit of Rs. 80 crore and 60,000 new accounts on the first day of its operations.
- It will have 18 such branches, out of all the branches, which will be open seven days a week.
- It plans to increase the number of branches to 632 and add 250 ATMs in 27 states by the end of the current fiscal year.