About union bank of India For Banking Awareness bankers adda. Union bank of India is one of the major public sector banks in India and currently the ibps has released the final result for the post of clerks, specialist officers and probationary officers in the bank and all those candidates who have qualified the exam and have been waiting for the joining reports should know their bank. It is an attempt to make the candidates understand the details of the bank and some of the unique features of the bank which candidates will need to know. Candidates who have passed the exam will get the allotment report very soon at their registered email addresses. Candidates will need to know the details which will be useful for them in the examination. Candidates will need to know the details about the bank which is available on the official website and they can check out the details. below are some of the main details about the bank
Union bank of India details 2016
- Chairman & Managing Director – Shri Arun Tiwari
- Headquarters – Mumbai, India
- Slogan – Good people to bank with
Also Read Insurance companies Taglines And Slogans
Union bank was the first bank which was inaugurated by the father of Nation Mahatma Gandhi in the year 1921. The bank has several branches and ATMS across the country and it has better capital base than many other public sector banks. Below are some of the unique features of the bank which you need to know.
- It is listed on the Forbes 2000.
- UBI is active in promoting financial inclusion policy and is a member of the Alliance for Financial Inclusion (AFI).
- Union Bank of India has well developed Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives in place. The focus on the rural sector is through Village Knowledge Centers and Farmers’ Clubs etc
The bank has also won many awards the details of which are as under:
- Union Bank of India bags SKOCH ORDER-OF-MERIT award for Financial Inclusion Technology in Skoch Financial Inclusion & Deepening Award Conference held on 11th June 2015 at Mumbai, Maharastra.
- Union Bank of India bags the Express Uptime Champion Award 2014 for its Network Operations.
- Union Bank of India won 6 IBA (Indian Bank Association) Technology Awards under following categories.