AADHAR Pay App- Important details to know.The government of India has launched AADHAR Pay App now only for the merchants to process the transaction in a smooth manner and to bring more digitization in the payment method and technology. The government is focusing on the digital payments and this is a step towards it. The app is primarily launched for the Merchants and it will be open to general public to download. The APP works on the principal of biometric authentication and it is made by the IDFC bank. Merchants are required to download the APP from Google Play Store and after they have to download a scanner which is available online. The smart phone should be compatible with the digital scanner and AADHAR APP. The AADHAR App is linked to the central AADHAR system which has been given. Some of the details have been mentioned here.
AADHAR PAY APP for Merchants- Imp Details
- The app has been designed by IDFC Bank in association with the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) and National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
- Aadhaar Pay service will enable people to make and receive payments using their Aadhaar number and biometrics.
- Aadhaar Pay smartphone payment app eliminates the charges currently charged by card companies such as MasterCard and Visa.
- The app makes cashless transactions possible even for those who do not have mobile phones. However, the merchant accepting the payment has to have a mobile phone.
- The app uses biometric scans as passwords. This means that users can use their fingerprint or biometric data to validate a transaction.
- Though users don’t need any password or app, it is mandatory for them to have their Aadhaar number linked to their bank account/accounts to make the payment.
- Merchants need to download the Aadhaar Pay app from Google Play store (the app is so far available only on Android phones).
- He also needs to install a biometric scanner and link it to the app.
- When a customer wants to make the payment he/she just need to enter his/her Aadhaar number in the app and select the bank from which the payment is to be made.
- The biometric scanner does the verification.
- Currently, users can make transactions up to Rs 10,000 on Aadhaar-enabled payments systems. However, the app cannot be used to transfer funds.