31 July SBI PO Mains analysis 2016 expected cut off marks section wise Bankers Adda .State bank of India today conducted written SBI PO Mains exam and here is the analysis of the exam and cutoff marks based on this analysis. Earlier SBI had conducted written examination for the post of PO and that was prelim test to shortlist the candidates for mains examination. lot of candidates have been selected for mains exam roughly 20 times the available number of vacancy and candidates have appeared in SBI Mains exam today which was conducted at various centers across the country.
Now candidates are wondering about the cutoff marks and here is our analysis of the same. The overall exam was difficult and candidates need to solve questions with accuracy. They need to qualify each section as well as overall exam. While the sectional cutoff will be less but overall cutoff will be higher and it will be around 95 marks for General category. Also candidates should choose the topic in descriptive paper carefully as it will affect another 50 marks. Candidates should choose those topics which they know well.
SBI PO July 31 mains exam analysis and question asked
Below are the section wise questions asked in the mains exam and candidates should prepare same type for questions for the upcoming examination. Section wise review of exam has been given below.
Total time for objective test was 3 hours and total marks was 200 while the number of questions were 155.
English section questions asked:
Time allowed for this section was 40 minutes and total marks was 40.
(i) Reading Comprehension – 2 Sets – 10 – 12 Qs
Based on – China Economy
(ii) Antonyms & Synonyms 7 Qs (Tough)– You have to find the most common & opposite from the given options.
(iii) Starter 5 Qs (Tough)
(iv) Fill Up – 5 Qs (Tough)
Time allowed for this section as 45 minutes and total marks was 60 for this section. Questions asled from this section comprised
- Double Pie Chart – 5 Qs (Tough)
- Double Line Chart – 5 Qs (Tough)
- Probability – 3 Qs (Red, White & Blue ball) Total number of balls not given.
- Time & Work – 3 Qs (combined questions based on time and work)
- Missing DI – 5 Qs (Tough)
- Bar Graph (Single) – 5 Qs (Tough)
- Quadratic Equation – 5 Qs New type (Quantity one & Quantity two)
- Data Sufficiency – 5 Qs
Reasoning and computer awareness:
These two sections were merged in the exam this time. Time allowed for this section was 60 minutes and total marks was 60 for this.
- Puzzle – 5 Qs -(Tough) – 7 people belongs to different cities & different profession.
- Sitting Arrangement – (Linear) – 5 Qs (Tough) 3. Input Output – 5 Qs (Tough) – Double shifting
- Inequality – Coded – 5 Qs (Moderate)
- Number Coding – 5 Qs
- Coding Decoding – 3 to 5 Qs
- Logical Reasoning – e.g.- 10 to 15 Qs – Statement & Assumption, Inference etc
- Data Sufficiency – 3 to 5 Qs (Moderate)
– A flow chart was given and questions was based on the chart.
This was a simpler section as compared to others. Candidates found this section as easy to moderate.
Expected cutoff for SBI PO Mains exam 2016
Based on the above analysis, the expected cutoff may be as under:
- English Language – 15 – 19
- Reasoning + Computer Aptitude – 22 – 25
- Data Interpretation & Analysis – 15 – 18
- General Awareness (Banking & Finance) – 28 – 32
The overall good attempt will be around 95-100 marks.